Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Feast of Corpus Christi in Toledo

The Feast of Corpus Christi in Toledo
According to an ancient Spanish proverb, there are three Thursdays that shine more than the sun: Holy Thursday, Ascension Thursday and Corpus Christi.

The morning is bright. I climb the steep slopes of the city on foot, panting. My car has been left by the river. If driving around Toledo is usually a complex task, on Corpus Christi it is impossible, since the city’s narrow streets are closed. I am short of breath because the cityis located on top of a steep hill, defended by the Tagus River and medieval walls.

As I walk, I join many other Toledo residents and visitors who, like me, hasten to attend the grand procession.

For more see below

The Feast of Corpus Christi in Toledo

No comments:

Post a Comment